How To Apply Track to Tasmania Scholarship in Australia
The Track to Tasmania Scholarship is an initiative of the Tasmanian Government in partnership with the Australian Government. The scholarship is open to all Australian citizens and permanent residents who are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree at an Australian university or higher education institution.
The scholarship is worth 15% reduction and will be awarded to one student each year based on academic merit, leadership skills and contribution to their community.
Track to Tasmania Scholarship
The Track to Tasmania Scholarship provides eligible African international students commencing study with a 15% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of their course.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Botswana, Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or Honours coursework programs, excluding Bachelor of Nursing Hobart and Launceston; and fully online-only programs, and postgraduate coursework programs, excluding Master of Laboratory Medicine and fully online programs can be applied for at the University of Tasmania.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- To receive the scholarship, you must be a citizen of Botswana, Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe and be commencing the full fee-paying study of an eligible course at the university for the first time.
- The applicants must have applied for an eligible programme and must be commencing the full fee-paying study of an eligible course at the university for the first time.
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are assessed automatically upon submission of their International Student Application. No separate application is required.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Country-specific academic requirements
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must check the general admission requirements of the university and fulfill the same.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 76
- PTE – 50
- CAE- Grade C
- CPE – Grade C
- Cambridge BCE – Grade C
- UTAS English for Academic Purposes – 60%
15% reduction in registered tuition fees for the duration of the course.
Students are assessed automatically upon submission of their International Student Application so there is no need to apply separately. Offer letters will notify applicants if they have been awarded the scholarship.